Saturday, September 13, 2008

Successful day!

This blog is written for the purpose of sharing our stories to encourage other moms and dads to help their children set up their own businesses. 

I love to tell stories, so here's several about our day: 

My son, Christian  and I had an appt. this morning at our local Whole Foods store re: having them sell his organic, handmade soap, Starfish Soap.   www.starfishsoap.webs.com
The first question the Asst. Health and Beauty Manager asked him was, "How old are you?"  Her reply, "My you are ambitious!"  
I t was love at first site!  :) 

The professional, child-led meeting was short and sweet (5  minutes or so) and we left her with a sample bar of soap, application filled out entirely, product flyer, Starfish Ministry brochure and a matching business card.  

I have to say, even I was impressed...

On the way home we stopped to tour a Simply Music Colleague's new storefront studio in Rockbrook Village (and she bought two bars of soap!) and at the 4-H Extension Office to pick up the EntrepreneurShip Investigation manuals for Monday night's Kick-off Club. 

Of course we had to make it home in time for their daily paper route and taking my youngest daughter out shopping for her products for Sunday's gig at the BX. 

We organized and inventoried her products, figured out cost per unit, selling prices and projected profits for Sunday.  I told her she couldn't sell  her products unless she could figure out the math problems.  Very motivating!  

Before bed Christian wrote a thank you note to the Whole Foods Managers and offered his services for in-store demos.  

At  bedtime, my youngest daughter came flying downstairs and had to tell me about an idea floating around in her head for selling her products on Sunday.  

I said, "Go to bed now!"  She said, "But Mom, I can't stop these ideas in my head!" 

And she's only 8. 

All in a day's work in the life of the Kidz Biz Whiz...




No comments: