Monday, October 13, 2008

Parents as Role Models

I believe parents are the role models in many areas, and especially in the areas of work and views about work.

I am currently preparing my presentations for the Entrepreneurship Educators' Conference in Austin, TX next month.

One of my presentations is on "Mom's E Boot Camp: Raising Entrepreneurially-minded Children."

THE number one factor I believe is: having parents who are supportive and take the time to help their children with their entrepreneurial endeavors.

IF the parental support and confidence is not there, it won't happen.

That's why we require the parents to attend our monthly E-ship Meeting.

Let your child dream, let your child experiment, but nothing is going to happen unless you are there helping and supporting.

Yes, it is another thing to add to your list, but it is SO WORTH IT!

No comments: