Friday, October 24, 2008

E-ship Club on Monday Night


Another great night at the E-ship CLub. 

Dan Stuenzi, a home school dad, entrepreneur for many years,  gave a great presentation on what it is like to be an entrepreneurs. 

SOme highlights from his talk: 

Things learned from past business ventures: 

~needs a profit 
~not fear rejection
~how to properly target customers
~under-promise/over-deliver
~the importance of capital
~importance of networking and reputation 
~how to "fail forward" 
~providing VALUE comes before reward 

WHat struck a chord with me was: 

"It's hard for entrepreneurs to work for someone else!" 

That is so true for me. 

One summer I taught summer classes and I was shocked the administrator was keeping their eye on me.  

WHy? 

Of course I am going to be doing what is right, I am a professional, aren't I? 

I will make good decisions, work hard, etc. 

Good stuff to recognize... 

Next month we have Frank Kumor as our guest speaker.  

HE is a long-time business owner from Olde Towne Bellevue and will speak on customer service and longevity of business. 


No comments: